Thursday, August 9, 2012

Craving some Spaghetti!

My Mom n I stopped at a garage sale last weekend and I found the most amazing light.  It's an acrylic Spaghetti Lamp from the 1960's.  $25!  It was too dated for the sellers homes, but it will feel right at home in my house!

Love at first sight

just waiting to be hung
 I'm hoping to get it hung up tonight.  The delay.... Brady vetoed the antique brass.  Sad face.  I love it so much just as it is.  But it's his house too.  He rarely has an opinion on my decor choices so I figured I'd better let him win this one.  He took it outside n sprayed the brass white.  I think I'm regretting letting him touch my new found love, but I'll just have to suck it up and deal with it. 

It's going to hang over the bed in the basement guest bedroom.  The acrylic goes well with the acrylic knobs on the yellow dresser..


this room really needs a chandy!
This is the nightmare of a mess that I am dealing with in this bedroom.   That's what happens when Brady's friends spend the night.   At least hanging a new chandelier makes washing the bedding seem a bit more exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys.. be honest now !!