Thursday, January 12, 2012

Statement Chandelier

Happy New Year!

One of my 2012 resolutions is to take more risks with my decorating.  All my favorite designers (David Bromstad, Jonathan Adler) steer clear of boring decor... so why am I always, well sometimes, playing it safe? 

Lately, I can't get my mind off of statement chandeliers.  I love an over sized chandy in a funky color and/or dripping with bling.  It brings your eye up and makes a tiny room feel a whole lot bigger.  It is also extremely ballsy and fabulous when the walls are painted white to allow the color or bling of the fixture to stand out.  Yep, I am now lovin white walls... only with extremely good styling can white walls look chic... otherwise, do not attempt! 

Since my basement is still a work in progress(sigh), I have decided to convert our guest bedroom into an office.  This required a whole new paint color and a trip to the Re-Store for an old and neglected chandelier.  (Pix to come)  In the meantime, here are some inspiring photos of carazzzy and cool statement chandys.  Enjoy!

Abigail Aherns dining room eclectic dining room
I feel like this chandelier could be a good DIY project.  I can't get over how much I love this room.
Ira Frazin Architect modern living room

Decor Demons Loft eclectic living room

Modern Kitchen contemporary kitchen

That island is so amazing! And look how similar it is to my desk.. crazy! 

Abigail Aherns basement eclectic family room
I would kill for this chandelier.  KILL for it!!

MEA - Sausalito Residence eclectic dining room

Noe Valley Entry contemporary entry

studiobfg.com eclectic dining room

Penthouse Condo modern living room

beach bungalow 8 houzz tour eclectic dining room

Dining Room eclectic dining room

Vintage Revivals
Check out this AMAZING make over from Vintage Revivals, one of my favorite blogs.

1 comment:

Hey guys.. be honest now !!