Thursday, August 18, 2011

Not Bahhhhhd


I bought this 100% sheep hide from a garage sale!! Yes, a garage sale :)..  It was only $20, which is a killer deal in my mind!  Of course, I know nothing about sheep, but it seemed like an incredible price.  The people selling it were in some sort of sheep competitions and each time they won, they received a sheep hide... Kind of a cruel gift.  They didn't know what to do with them, so they sat in boxes, until they made it to the garage sale... and I picked it up!!

I had to fight Brady on this purchase because he just does not understand my obsession with white furry things.   And since I just threw out my big white flokati rug(from the living room), this was a good trade off to mend my broken heart!  I have learned never to buy another white rug.  They just do not work with 2 dogs and every man in my life (husband, dad, father-in-law) who think it is necessary to always stand on said rug with their dirty work shoes on..

Another angle and Koko modeling for the pic.  weirdo

3 comments:

  1. It looks very nice in your bedroom! Your dad wondered why I didn't get one. I just wouldn't know what to do with it.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Norwegians often get sheep skins to lay under their babies or under their bums when sitting on snow. The trap warmth in winter and stay cool in summer and wool has natural antibacterial properties. So good find :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shoulda bought one for you, Lacey! Kari was telling me about the pricey wool baby blankets..
    Mom, it could work in your house..somewhere!

    ReplyDelete

Hey guys.. be honest now !!