Friday, December 3, 2010

Christmas Wreaths

I was feeling a bit crafty last night and decided to throw together a few wreaths for my holiday decorating.

1st I found some eucalyptus that I didn't care for.. but it was marked down really low at Pier 1 one year, I couldn't resist buying it.

seperated the stems
used wire cutters and floral wire to wind the stems into a wreath shape

spayed them ligthly with some good old metallic spray paint.. I like how you can see the red poking through a bit.. it makes it more Christmasy

Hung them with the Command Adhesive hooks(awesome) that I found at Home Depot.

Add added a little ribben. Done! They may be a bit "crafty" looking for my living room but I like them anyways.. perhaps I should switch the ribbon.. But I think this color/ribbon combo would be awesome year round a vintage inspired room with a few black and white photos nearby.

I hung this wreath over my mirror with a long wired ribbon that I found in my gift wrapping bag.
This one is my favorite! I taped a bunch of wedding photos straight to the wall and added a ribbon. I think it is playful and tells a story!
I put it in the bedroom on the wall oposite my bouquette!
doesn't the bouquette make a great decoration?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys.. be honest now !!