Thursday, March 15, 2012

ONE STEP AT A TIME

The latest basement project to tackle was the stair case.  I wanted to do something differnt but still keep within our tight buget.  Our stairs were in realllly rough shape and needed to be rebuilt, completley.  So the majority of our budget went to new stairs and treads(is that the right termanoligy?idk)  
I am absolutely in love with the new sanded plywood flooring trend.  Brady wasn't about to take on a project that time consuming, and I don't blaim him.  It would have saved us a bit of money, but with our home being 50+ years old, it would take a lot of measuring and cutting.  In a new home that is 100% perfectly square, this would be a good idea. 


As a comprimise, we decided to pull the plywood trend into our stair case.  We bought MDF stairs and plywood treads.  Brady took 8 hours to cut, paint and install everything.  I love coming home from work to a finished project!  Here's a pic I took on my iphone when he was working on it.

I'll post more pix later, but the whole meaning of this post was to give ya some fun and inexpensive stair case remodel ideas...
Sue De Chiaras home contemporary staircase
Brady hates this.. only because our home is not at all nautical.  But it'd be really cool in the right house.

Hermes Orange Staircase (via Colour Me Happy) eclectic staircase
I am in love with this idea!  If we had painted the plywood white, I would have eventually tackled a painted runner.

studiobfg.com traditional staircase
Another nautical staircase.. This one is neat b/c they made the wood stairs look like a runner.. This would be less maintence than a painted runner.  And how cool are the numbered steps?!

Grand traditional staircase
classic black and white

office modern staircase
too kiddie for me, but it'd look pretty rad in the right home

Funky Junk Interiors eclectic staircase
I would love this with wine crates
\

Sleeping Loft contemporary staircase
rather than boring white, add a light shade of grey

Agata Winer contemporary staircase
brightly colored stairs

this is too cool for words.  I would also LOVE ombre painted stairs.. but it would be A LOT of work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys.. be honest now !!